The Lion King is one of Disney’s animated movies that touched the hearts of both young and old. There were even those who couldn’t help but shed tears when Mufasa died and Simba was left without a father.
However, the Lion King isn’t just a movie that was meant to entertain. It is one of those movies which never failed to convey valuable life lessons that we could all learn from. The lines spoken by Mufasa, Rafiki, Simba and the rest of the Lion King cast are simply worthy to be remembered and cherished.
Here are some of the famous quotes from The Lion King:
1. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
Life isn’t perfect. We all have our own stories to tell. We may have done some “bad” things in the past, or we have had a lot of failures. However, we must learn from all those failures, and let the lessons that we have learned guide us in our life’s journey.
2. “You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become.”
Sometimes, we allow circumstances to define our character. This must not be so. Each of us was born in the image of God; thus, we are born to be great! We can do awesome things. Remember, that it was in His image and likeness that we were all created. So just believe it!
3. “Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.”
Sometimes, it is not our “lack of talent or skill” that brings us down, but it is our lack of faith in ourselves. We all just need to believe in ourselves and soon you will be able to rise and others will just follow suit.
4. “There’s more to being a king than getting your way all the time.”
It doesn’t mean that if you’re powerful or has a high stature in society, you will use that power to impose your will. Being a king is not wielding power all the time.
5. “I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.”
Bravery does not mean that you would look for fights or trouble. It is rather your ability to stand your ground and face the danger head-on at a time that it confronts you.
6. “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance.”
As they say, we are all connected to each other. Every creature created by God has a role to play. Our abuses often create an imbalance which leads to most of the problems that we have now, especially those concerning nature.
7. “As you go through life, you will see that there is so much that we don’t understand. And the only thing we know is things don’t always go the way we plan.”
In life, there will always be tough times. However, when things go wrong, accept it and move forward. Life goes on, you just have to keep on pushing forward.
8. “Any story worth telling is worth telling twice.”
Great stories need to be repeated because there’s a lesson in there somewhere and that lesson is worth to be remembered.
9. “Change is good.”
Sometimes, in order for great things to happen, there must be change. One must be able to adapt to these changes to witness the greatness that awaits.
10. “Remember who you are.”
We were all born to be great! Yes, there may be times when we forget what we are capable of but when this happens, just remember how great you are as a person!